How To Set Your Favourite Bowser As Default Web Browser In Windows
Default Web Browser Setting: Article will show you a step by step procedure to make your favorite browser as default web browser for your Windows PC (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10). You can set your default browser from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer from the below process. If you want to know how to set any other browser as your default web browser from the list of top 10 internet browsers for Windows, then feel free to know us by putting a comment below. We will update the article and inform you about the same.
Also Check: How To Change Homepage In Your Favourite Browser
What is a Default Web Browser: A default web browser is a internet browser application in Windows, that is used to open web pages by default. It means when we are trying to access any web page, the browser will automatically open with that links. Below article will show you how to modify the default browser in Windows. It will show you
- How To Set Chrome As Default Browser
- How To Set Firefox As Default Browser
- How To Set Opera As Default Browser
- How To Set Internet Explorer As Default Browser
How To Set Google Chrome As Default Browser In Windows
Make Google Chrome As Default Internet Browser: To make google chrome as your default web browser follow these steps
- Click on “Chrome Menu” at the right side of browser toolbar of Google Chrome just below the close button.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop down to open “Settings” window of Google Chrome.
- Scroll down till “Default Browser“. You will get one of these two options
- The default browser is currently Google Chrome: You will get this option under “Default Browser”, If Google chrome is your default browser.
- Make Google Chrome the default browser. Google Chrome is not currently your default browser: It means Chrome is not your default internet browser.
- To make Google chrome as default browser click on “Make Google Chrome the default browser”.
- In Windows 7, It will immediately change your default browser. But In Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10, Another pop up will appear and ask you “How do you want to open this type of file (http)?“. Click on Google Chrome. It will make Chrome as default browser in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10
- That is it.
Also Check: Google Chrome Keyboard Shotcuts
How To Set Mozilla Firefox As Default Browser In Windows
Make Mozilla Firefox As Default Internet Browser: To make Mozilla Firefox as the default browser for your Windows system follow the below steps.
- Click on “Menu” button icon at toolbar of Mozilla Firefox (Right side to the address bar).
- Now choose “Options” from the drop down menu to open the “Options” pop up window.
- Navigate to “General” tab.
- On “Startup” you will get a check box “Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup“. If you enable the check box, then firefox will always notify you, If Mozilla firefox is not your default browser.
- Below the above option you will get either of this two messages.
- Firefox is currently your default browser: It means you don’t need to do anything to make Mozilla Firefox your default browser.
- Firefox is not your default browser. Make Firefox My Default Browser: It means you need to do some action to make Firefox your default browser
- To make Firefox as your default browser just click on “Make Firefox My Default Browser“
- In Windows 7, Your default browser will be changed. But in Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10, It may ask for another step.
- It will open the default program setting of Windows.
- Just click on “Firefox” on the left side, where all the installed program are listed.
- Click on “Set this program as default” on the right side.
- Click on “OK“. Now the default browser in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 is changed to Mozilla Firefox.
- Close all the open browser popup by click on “OK”.After that just restart your firefox browser and you wil feel the changes. That is it.
PDF Download: Mozilla Firefox Keyboard Shortcuts
How To Make Internet Explorer As Default Browser
Set Internet Explorer Default Browser: As Internet Explorer (IE) is the built in web browser for Windows, So before you install any 3rd party browser, Internet Explorer is the default browser. After installing another browser or by modifying the default browser setting, You can change the default browser for your Windows System. You can also make Internet Explorer as the default browser from the below process
- Click on “Setting” gear icon at the browser toolbar just below the close button
- Click on “Internet Options” from the drop down menu to open the “Internet Options” popup of Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to “Programs” tab
- On “Opening Internet Explorer” you will get an option “Make Internet Explorer the default browser“. Just click on there. This option will be hidden if Internet Explorer is already the default browser.
- For Windows 7: Internet explorer will be immediately become the default web browser.
- For Windows 8.1/8 And Windows 10: It will open the Default programs setting of Windows in Control Panel. Just click on “Internet Explorer” in the list of installed programs and choose “Set this program as default” on the right side. Click on OK.
- Now Apply All the changes on “Internet Options” popup and click on “OK”
- Just close and reopen Internet Explorer to get modification affected
How To Set Opera As Default Browser
Make Opera Default Browser: Follow the below steps to make Opera your default browser in Windows PC.
- Click on the Opera Menu Icon at the top left side corner of the Opera Web Browser and choose “Setings” to open the Settings window of Opera browser
OR type ALT+P from your keyboard.
- Navigate to “Browser” tab.
- On default browser click on “Make Opera My Default Browser“.
- Windows 7: Immediately Opera will be set to default browser.
- Windows 8/8.1 And Windows 10: A pop up will appear and ask you “How do you want to open this type of file (http)?”. Click on “Opera Internet Browser”.
- Once you change the default browser to home page, you will get notified as “The default browser is currently Opera” on Step-3
- Now close all the open tab and Window Of Opera and reopen it.
- Opera is set as default browser. That is it
Research and sharing of idea helps me to become a successful blogger for different niche like technology, sports, entertainment and health.