How To Add New Users In WordPress
Add New Users In WordPress: Article entitled “How To Add New Users In WordPress (Admin, Editor, Author, Contributor)” will describe you step by step procedure to add different users in your WordPress with different user roles. It will help you to manage multiple admins, editor, author and contributor to your WordPress website. WordPress has no limitations of adding extra user roles. So you can add as many as you want to manage your website.
One can not handle a big website. That is why it is necessary to add different people with different level of permissions of access to the website. The article will help you to create different user levels for your website. And it will also help you to modify the user roles for an existing user.
How To Add An Admin/Editor/Author/Contributor In WordPress Website
Below is the step by step tutorial to add an extra user to your existing WordPress website. You may add a new administrator account, or an Editor for your website, or An Author for your WordPress blog, or a contributor who will share his content with you. There are no limitations of adding the extra users to WordPress.
Also Check: Different type of users in WordPress.
You must be an administrator of the website to add a new user. Any lower level user role to the administrator cannot add a user to the WordPress. An administrator can also modify the user role for the existing user. Follow the steps below to add a user to WordPress with the desired permissions.
- Login to your WordPress website with Administrator Account
- Click on “Users” on Navigation Toolbar and then click on “All Users“. It will show you all the users registered on your WordPress website.
- Click on “Add New” to add a new user to WordPress
- Now it will ask the details for the new user like username, email, first name, last name, website. Just enter the details.
- Next is password. You can see the password for the new user click on “Show Password“. And later inform the new user about the same.
- Tick the checkbox “Send User Notification“. So that the new user will receive an email about the account details to log in to the same WordPress website. If you uncheck the tick box, then the new user will not able to know about the registration. You have to manually inform him about the login credentials.
- Next Is “Role“. Choose the appropriate user role for the new user from the dropdown list (Admin, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber). You have to carefully give the permissions to the new user as per his knowledge and your requirement.
- Click on “Add New User“.
- That is it.
You will get a message “New User Created” at the top of the page. That is it. A new user with entered details is created and with the custom user roles that you selected. The new user will receive a message with the login details. The administrator can modify the user role and permissions later also.
Above article is the single page solution for several questions. Such as
- How to add a new Administrator to WordPress.
- How to add an author to WordPress.
- How to add an editor to WordPress.
- How to add a contributor WordPress.
Hope this article will help you to create a new admin, editor, author, contributor or a subscriber to your WordPress website. If you face any difficulty, then feel free to share your issues with us in comments. Our team will get back to you shortly.