How To Enable Spelling Check In Google Chrome
Activate Spell Check In Google Chrome: Article will show you how to enable the spelling check option in Google Chrome browser and some advanced option like getting suggestion from Google, Add a word to dictionary of your browser etc. Google Chrome is one of the best browser for Windows.
People face problem without proper configuration and said that “Spell Check Not Working In Google Chrome” and search for additional “Spell Checker Plugin For Chrome“. This article will help you to for proper configuration of spell checking and dictionary available in Chrome. So that no additional plugin will be necessary for spelling check. You can add different words to the built-in dictionary of Chrome.
How The Spelling Check Works In Chrome
Spelling Check In Chrome: When we type something in web forms and text fields, Google Chrome’s built in spell-checker automatically check spelling. If any word is not listed in Chrome dictionary, then it will show you a spelling mistake each time you write that word. To avoid this type of mistake either you add that word to dictionary or Ask google for the suggestion.
Ask Google For Word Suggestion: You can get smarter spell-checking suggestions by sending the text you type into the browser to Google’s servers. To turn on suggestions, right-click inside the text field that you’re typing in and select Spell-checker options > Ask Google for suggestions.
Also Check: Google Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts
How To Enable Spell Check In Chrome
If you are using only one language in your Chrome Browser. Then the spell checking option will automatically activate for that language. But if you are using more than one language then you need to activate the spelling check for each language. Follow the below steps
- Open Google Chrome Browser.
- Click on “Chrome Menu” icon at the top right corner of the browser window (Right to address bar of the Google Chrome) and choose “Settings” to open Settings window of Google Chrome. OR
Type “chrome://settings/” (without quotes) in the browser address bar and hit “Enter“.
- Scroll Down the Horizontal Scroll Bar till last and choose “Show Advanced Settings…“
- Again Scroll down the Horizontal Scroll Bar till “Languages” Section.
- Click on “Languages and input settings“. A pop up will appear for the Languages
- Tick on the check box “Enable Spell Checking” at the end of the open pop up
- Now Choose the language that you want to enable for spelling check on the left side of the pop up. And click on “Use this language for spell checking” on right side of the pop up.
- Chrome will download the spell dictionary for that language. You have to manually do the same for each language that you want to enable spelling check
Also Check: How To Add A Language To Chrome
- After you complete click on “Done“.
- That is it. Now the chosen languages are available for spelling check in Google chrome.
How To Add A New Word To Google Chrome Spelling Dictionary
- Complete first 6 steps from the above procedure named “How To Enable Spell Check In Chrome “
- Click on “Custom Spelling Dictionary” next to check box “Enable Spell Checking“
- Another pop up will appear for “Custom Spelling Dictionary“
- You will get two boxes there. They are
- Search Dictionary: Search a word to add or remove from the custom dictionary
- Add a new word: To add a new word to the dictionary
- To add a new word to the chrome spelling dictionary, just add that word on the box and hit enter. Then click on “Done”. That word will be added to the dictionary to avoid spelling check.
- To remove a word from that dictionary, just choose that word and you will get a close option next to the word to delete it from dictionary. You can also use the search box to get your desired word from the list of words.
- After you finish all our changes there,. Click on “Done”.
- Settings will be immedialtely activated. That is it.